Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Indianapolis Blogger: The Tale of Going Natural


I'm a simple girl. The blogs that I read about natural hair talk about how proud they were to chop their hair and how they researched it and everything. I read some stuff beforehand of course, had talked to my husband a couple times about it. But what it came down to was necessity. I had matted hair. Like a dog. You see, I had my hair micro-braided and apparently, the chick had no clue what she is doing. This is what you get from knowing someone who knows someone, who doesn't have a license to do hair but does it out of her house while everyone around is smoking pot.

Anyway, I chopped all my hair off and for the first time ever (I never let anyone cut my hair willingly) I didn't cry about it. I felt a sense of empowerment.

I started this blog mainly because I am a sort of well, clueless, about hair. I figure there are other people out there that want to go natural, but have no clue what they are getting into. These are my thoughts, trials, and tribulations on the subject. Occasionally I will have non-hair related posts, but who doesn't?

Sit back and enjoy the show.

Please join me on my facebook page at: www.facebook.com/TheTOGN
I am on the twitter! I am witty with the twitty at: @mrsckugs
Or feel free to use my comment box at the top of my page.

In addition to doing the hair thing, I am an avid scrapbooker, amateur sewer, and extreme animal lover! I am currently in school getting my bachelors in Computer Information Technology.

The Tale of Going Natural

No comments: