So, you've spent some time looking around and can't wait to join such an awesome group of bloggers, right? No?
Really, you just want more traffic coming to your blog, don't you? Okay, fine, that's cool too. Obviously, the more successful this blog is, the more traffic you'll get. So we need you to do your part and help with the growth. A bit of blogging quid pro quo, if you will. More on that later.
Okay, whatever your reason for wanting to join the ranks, here's what you need to do:
1) You have to live in Indianapolis or the surrounding area. If you don't live in Indianapolis, but blog exclusively about Indianapolis, we'll count that too (but really, who does that?).
2) You have to be an active and established blogger. Most blogs die out within the first 3 months. If you haven't been blogging for at least 3 months, chances are, you aren't going to make it and we don't want you cluttering up our awesome group.
3) Your blog must be a personal blog, written by you. If you are a corporation that sets up a "blog" and pays someone to write posts in order to generate traffic for your products or services, we don't want your kind here. We're simple folk and prefer a personal touch.
4) Your blog must not contain any pornographic or offensive content or links. C'mon now. Keep it classy.
5) Your blog must be approved. All this means is that we reserve the right to reject your blog for any reason whatsoever. Your blog can also be later removed if any of the requirements are not met, or according to the whims of the approval overlords.
If you've gotten this far and still think yourself worthy, you still have to pass the ultimate test: getting your blog approved. Once you're sure that you meet the above requirements, send an email to email@example.com. Just be friendly and humble and ask that you might please, oh pretty please, join the Indianapolis Bloggers.
Now, we know your blog is a lovely little thing and you're probably quite proud of it. So please, don't take it personally if you don't get approved.
YOU SCRATCH OUR BACK, WE'LL SCRATCH YOURS
Now comes the easy part. Once you've gotten approved, you will receive an email congratulating you on your greatest blogging accomplishment. The last step will be for you to write a simple post on your blog about the Indianapolis Bloggers. Nothing fancy, just a little something to let your friends and family know we're here. Of course, you will need to include a link in your post. You'd think that was obvious, but we've come across some dense Hoosiers in our day.
Once your post is up and running, email us back with a link to the post and you'll be good to go!